|Current Season||Teams||People||Championships||Awards||Other History||Contact||Men's site|
|The first national basketball championship for women was played in 1972.
At the time the national organization was known as Canadian Women's Interuniversity Athletic Union (CWIAU).
In 1978 the organizing bodies for men's and women's sports amalgamated to
become the Canadian Interuniversity Athletic Union (CIAU).
In June 2001 the organization changed the name to Canadian Interuniversity Sport (CIS).
The winning team for the national championship is awarded the the Bronze Baby Trophy. The trophy was donated by McGill University, originally in 1922 and then again in 1972. The figure is a replica of a statue that was in the grounds of Dunfermline College of Physical Education in Scotland, and is a copy of a trophy competed for by the High Schools of Dundee.
Statistical information maintained by Martin Timmerman. Please provide feedback to: MartinTimmerman@gmail.com